December 5, 2007 at 7:30 PM
14 members present
Viewing and Discussion of a 50 year old film “The Strange Case of the Cosmic Rays” produced for television in 1957. This DVD was produced by Image Entertainment in 2003.
1. Officers Elected for 2008
President: Paul Grueter
Vice-President: Louis Gentile
Secretary: Bill Luzader
Treasurer: Chuck McCarthy
Board of Directors: Andy Anderson, Rolf Egon, Mal MacDonald
Special Thanks for Teney Doble and his service to the club over the years as President and Director!
nights – Saturdays December 8th and 15th at sunset at
5. Some discussion of Mars and Comet Holmes
1. Newly retired member - Skip
2. Star leaving the Milky Way and a great speed (Space.com)
4. Board of Directors Meeting to plan 2008 on Saturday Jan 12, 2008, at 2 pm at the Council on Aging in Norwell (50th Anniversary and Astronomy Day is May 10, 2008 planning)
5. Question about how one can use a telescope so that you can view with an eyepiece and with a camera without removing either
6. CMOS versus CCD cameras….more later
7. Next meeting January 2, 2008 at 7:30 pm at the Council on Aging in Norwell.
Adjourn at 9:00 pm