February 6, 2008
DVD of images from Saturn collected by the Cassini spacecraft
1. Board of Directors Meeting Report
a. Anniversary Celebration – Saturday Sept. 27th Pot Luck Dinner 6:00 pm talks 7:30 pm at the Norwell Council on Aging
There was a discussion about copying 35mm slides onto Power Point. Decided that we donot need to buy a special device to copy the slides
b. Astronomy Day – May 10th First Parish - Norwell
c. Web Site
d. Meeting Day
Spencer Howe sponsoring winter stargazing groups Saturday Feb 9, 16 & 23 at the Marshfield Recreation Office with intent to bring the group to the March 1 observing at Centennial Park
3. PCIS Observatory Update – Bill Luzader will have a work day at PCIS on Saturday Feb 9 to work with the RoboDome Observatory. There will also be works days for Tuesday and Wednesday Feb 19 & 20 with the goal of collecting images of the lunar Eclipse on the 20th.
1. Opening on Board – Steve Zulon new board member replacing Andy Anderson
Total Lunar Eclipse – Feb. 20th. Set up at
3. Viewing Dates – Feb. 9th, Feb. 20th and March 1st.
recorded a public service announcement about the planetarium programs and the
SSAS for WATD-FM in
1. Treasurer Chuck McCarthy asking for email changes.
2. A discussion was held concerning a gift to the Council on Aging with a decision to get Valentine’s Day plant for Rosemary O’Connor.
3. Jim Barron is hosting an
astronomy night at
4. Telescope observing will
be held on Sundays March 16 and April 13 at