This abbreviated newsletter is presented by the ssastros webmaster.
1. The January meeting was held at the Blake Planetarium with our host, Board Member Bill Luzader.
2. Bill started the meeting by telling us that a not for profit foundation has be established to keep the Planetarium in operation for the 2003-2004 and subsequent school years. If enough funds are not raised it is possible that the Planetarium will be closed.
3. Bill also asked for opinions on establishing an observatory at PCIS. The observatory would use the 10” telescope refurbished by Tenney Doble.
4. Bill’s presentation of “My three tions, rotation, revolution, and precession” was very informative and enjoyable.
5. Tenney reminded all that the Board of Director’s Meeting will take place on Saturday, January 18, 2003. The meeting will be held at Louis’ house at 6:00 PM. All members are welcome but only board members can vote. Among the topics of this meeting; Astronomy Day and the second annual telescope essay contest.
6. Mal MacDonald discussed a web site for sky charts. He will explore the license agreement with the possibility of use these charts at SSAS functions and presentations. Skymaps.com